Sunday, November 16, 2008

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE ALL OVER AGAIN

from an 85 years old dying of cancer


If I had my life to live all over again
I will not be afraid of more mistakes next time.
In fact, I’ve relax a lot more. I’d limber up.
I’ll be sillier than I’ll be on this trip.
In fact, I know a very few things that I would take so seriously.
I take more chances. I take more trips.
I climb more mountains. I swim more rivers.
I sit and watch more sunsets.
I go more places I’ve never been before.
I eat more ice-creams and fewer beans.
I have more actual travels and fewer imaginary ones.
You see, I was one of those people that live practically, sanely and sensibly,
Hour after hour, day after day.
Oh, I had my moments.
And if I had my life to live over again, I try to have those moments.
In fact, I try to have nothing else but wonderful moments
Side by side by side.
Instead of living so many years ahead of my time.
I was one of those people who never went anywhere without a
Thermometer, a hot water bottle, a gargle, a raincoat and a parachute
If I had to do it all over again,
I’ll travel lighter next time.
If I had my life to live over again
I play with more children
I pick more daisies
I love more….javascript:void(0)
If I had to live my life all over again
But you see, I don’t…....

A teacher from my Professional Education course gave this poem to the class. It touched my life.

No comments: