Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lapu-Lapu and My Niece Am

My nieces are really the "sunshine of my life". I was preparing Am for school and she suddenly asked me, "Mommy, do you know Lapu-Lapu?". I really do not know how to answer that- so I asked her, "Do you?".

Am answered, "No, but I read about him yesterday"? So, "what do you know about him?", I asked her again. "He killed Magellan?" Am answered. "Why did Lapu-Lapu killed Magellan?", I asked in amusement. "Magellan went to the Pilipinas that is why Lapu-Lapu killed him", she answered in innocence. "Ahhhhhh, so do you know where Pilipinas is?", I tried to tease her. And she looked at me in my eyes with amusement too, and said a blunt, "No."

We ended our washing activity with much laughter and left Am's confusion in the air. Before we left to school, I left a word to my mom to informed Am of Pilipinas location and point it our barangay in a Philippine map.

Pilipinas is a Filipino word of the word Philippines. A country located in Southeast Asia with lots of beaches and tourist attractions. Philippines is considered as an archipelago so there are so many wonderful beaches all over the Philippines.

Boracay Island is one of the famous tourist attraction in the Philippines. It is so touristy that almost everything here are expensive. Bohol's Chocolate Hills is also a great sight to witness. the color of the hills changes according to dry (brown colored hills) and wet (green colored hills) season.

Cebu is also a historical city. Mactan is an island of Cebu, this is where the battle of Mactan, and place where Ferdinand Magellan was killed. Yeah, Lapu-Lapu's domain.

How I wish that I could show Am, Mactan and Lapu_lapu's big statue.

No comments: