Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Niece Ann

I am a busy bee "daily". I am a stage Aunt and a Aunt-tutor. So, I guide my nieces in answering assignments and their studies. They are all the apple of my eyes. Each one worthy of their stories to tell. For today I will be telling about my niece Ann. She is a bubbly student and a joy to our family.

I am busy coaching, guiding and half heartedly scolding my nieces when Ann declared, "I wore my socks inside out this morning." So I inquired, "Who helped you wore your socks this morning?". "Nobody", she answered with a small smile. And I as an aunt did not see something wrong about it. When she suddenly declared, "But when teacher inquired who helped me wore my socks I answered it was Grandmommy!".

I know that the kid is telling a lie and should scold and reprimand her for that, but sorry guys I only saw the humor in it. I saw a child trying to get out of a situation, which is only a natural reaction.

I found it funny that my innocent mother is being point out as the culprit so Ann get out unscathed of the situation. I understand the little pride in her though. I know how she should maintain her 'angel' attitude in front of her teacher. That I understand.

Ann always has something new everyday. I went home one evening and she started to sing a song she learned from school. The funny thing is she could not follow the words because she could not utter the words and she speaks with a lisp. Ann is mum,bling her words yet the tune is quite correct and nice to hear. Again, I slept that night with a smile an Ann's memories to keep me happy sleeping.

No comments: